Saturday, June 16, 2012

Side-step safari themed invitation

Here is my first invitation project where I used my Cricut Expression II.



I don't have much experience with the machine just yet, and I did hit the wall using it for this first project. 
To the point of frustration, I almost wanted to throw it out of the window because it kept on giving me unclean cuts, despite having all the settings on maximum.

I had to replace the blade and the cutting mat despite them being new.
That solved my problem.  But then I am still very disappointed that the blade and mat that came with the machine didn't perform.

And so, after quite a number of card stocks have gone to waste because of the blade and mat issue, here is the final output.

The step card style gave the project an extra depth/dimension.









 It was a lot of work, but it turned out really nice.  I'm happy. :)

40 pcs. for Jennifer Lim.

1 comment:

  1. hi im interested with your fabulous handmade work... pwede po ba magorder here from mindanao.
    thanks
    Rina

    ReplyDelete